This summer, Sallie, Matt, Sam and Kinsey are moving to Raleigh! Sallie has accepted a job with Duke and Matt is seeking employment in the Raleigh area (he is gainfully employed in Boston – head of marketing and communications for a large national nonprofit – if anyone out there needs him, I can forward his resume in a matter of seconds). We can’t get them down here soon enough.
I thought I’d share the top ten things that I believe Matt and Sallie are going to love about Raleigh:
10. Not as much snirt (snow mixed with dirt).
9. We throw our empty bottles of liquor in the recycle bin.
8. No Maritime museums where you have to look at Uncle Jesse in too small dress-up clothes.
7. If you’re a witch, less chance you’ll get burned at the stake.
6. No toll roads – ahh, well maybe we shouldn’t really count that one (North Carolina Turnpike Authority – ooops!).
4. No need for locks on your hub caps – seriously, they just bought a new minivan and opted for the hub cap locks (we do not have hub cap locks in NC).
3. I think there may be a Fatima’s franchise in Wake County.
2. Warmer climate; no need for a hat like this.
And the number one reason Matt and Sallie are going to love Raleigh:
1. They may be sited in this blog more often!