Posted by Danny
The kids are out of town! Several nights alone. Here’s what I plan to do…
- Watch The Hangover with Jesse (just secured it from Netflix), a beer and pretzels in hand.
- Walk around in my boxers, no shirt. Tuesday night I mowed the lawn shirtless because it was 150 degrees outside. When I came back in the house, all three girls in tandem began whining, “Yuck – dad’s got his shirt off. Gross! Get dressed! That’s nasty.” I’m no Tom Cruise, but seriously, it’s not that bad. I sort of understand though. I saw my grandfather naked one time about 35 years ago and I’ve struggled to get that image out of my head. I’m glad it was him and not my grandmother.
- Go out with the fellas – Brad and Steve let’s hit Raleigh Times – 9 pm on Tuesday!
- Stay up late – oh, I already do that. How about sleep ‘til 8?
- Not go to Target. In fact, I’m not even going to drive by it. I’ve been there four times this week – two of those times were today. I always have to buy something big when I go there – like the 48 roll pack of Charmin. There is something about that place – I was headed to the register this afternoon with a $30 flashlight when it hit me…YOU DON’T NEED A $30 FLASHLIGHT…PUT IT BACK. I set it down immediately in fresh foods…right next to the “buy two get two free” containers of blueberries – which I fell for.
- Leave work at 6:30 because I don’t have to pick anyone up from childcare. I’m a little concerned that my co-workers might think the world is coming to an end if they leave before I do. For their sake, perhaps I should not do this –
- Wear whatever I want. Jesse won’t notice and wouldn’t give me his opinion if he had one. I pulled out what I thought was a fairly cool pair of pants last week – sort of Seersuckerish – nice for the summer. When I walked in the kitchen, Michelle said, “What do you have on? I DO NOT like those pants. DO NOT wear them again.” She can’t tell me that – I’m the father! Jesse has threatened to move to wearing a white v-neck tee every day so as to simplify his so complex life. The girls HATE the idea. I wish he’d do it so the heat would be off me.
- Poot at the table – if I choose. When Lisa was alive I could do that – she’d frown and call me out; that was her job. With her gone, now I have to act appalled if that happens – but I’m really not.
- Not unclog toilets – Jesse says that the girls clog the commodes so much because of excess toilet paper. We’re trying to teach the wipe a little/flush a little method, but it’s a never-ending battle. I don’t understand it. I know what I put in the toilet and it NEVER clogs for me. Something’s just not adding up here.
- Pine away for my kids to return. I HATE an empty house.